Out-Create Your Competitors
July 1, 2012
Recently, we’ve had “Disruptive Innovation” on our minds. Smart companies constantly think of ways to beat their competition, offering higher-quality products, better services, cheaper prices, etc. At Salem, we know that we must out-create our competitors. With this in mind, we are constantly looking at the bigger picture. These 11 Strategic Questions for Disruptive Innovation in Markets by Mike Brown, has helped us jump-start this brainstorming process.
1. What feature can you create that’s missing in someone else’s product?
2. Where can you disrupt significant cost areas in physical goods?
3. How can you digitize a physical element, action, or experience – or digitize all three?
4. What steps can you take to create a service out of your strongest / most prevalent support capability?
5. How can you inject a completely emotional experience into what you do?
6. Ever thought about ways to digitize a service?
7. How is it possible to smooth demand for inefficient / difficult to provide capabilities?
8. What would it take to turn in-person interactions into remote interactions?
9. How can you digitize scarce resources to put them in more places simultaneously?
10. What could you do to help push the biggest player in your desired market to leave the marketplace?
11. If the most prominent player in you market did go away, what opportunities would it open up?
We are appreciative of every client relationship we have. Our customers face challenges daily and they need results. Our promise is to not only provide solutions daily but to provide innovative, ongoing and long-term productivity improvements. To keep up with the latest happenings in our industry and Salem, sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter.
© 2012 Salem Printing